- To get acquainted with laboratory techniques.
- To study & practice methods of preparation of media, explants, sub culturing and hardening process.
- To study Micropropogation techniques in banana.
- Concept of tissue culture laboratory organization.
- Visit to mother block of Banana of high-tech floriculture unit for identification of various explants used in plant tissue culture.
- Management of laboratory safety rules and factors affecting in vitro condition.
- Maintenance of pest and disease free mother block.
- Nutritional requirement of in-vitro preparation of stock solutions of the different media
- Collection and preparation of explants and various sterilization techniques
- Isolation and subculture techniques.
- Sterilization techniques and handling of the equipments in the laboratory.
- Callus culture and somatic embryogenesis in sugarcane.
- Micropropogation technique and handling.
- Meristem culture
- Shoot tip culture
- Anther culture
- Somatic embryogenesis
- Different stages of micropropogation, culture establishment, multiplication of shoots and rooting of shootlets.
- Pest and disease and their management in field and hardening unit.
- Hardening techniques of plantlets and transfer to the field.
- Meristem and shoot tip culture in Banana.
- Shoot tip culture in pomegranate
- Meristem and shoot tip culture in Sugarcane.
- Shoot tip culture in
- Gerbera and carnation,
- Shatavari and lemon grass,
- Embryo ovule culture for effective inter-specific hybridization.
- Regeneration studies in cotton.
- Isolation of genomic and plasmid DNA.
- Quantification of genomic and plasmid DHA
- Gene transfer technique using agro bacterium.
- Gene amplification using PCR.
- Somaclonal variation and confirmation by molecular tools.
- Virus classification and management of viral diseases.
- Virus index by ELISA.
- Molecular Breeding.
- Visit to commercial plant tissue culture laboratory.
Total Credits 16+4=20
Major Course: Commercial Plant Tissue Culture
Student activities in experiancial learning programme